- As used in this Policy:“user” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through the website to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us or (c) may be, or are, using any products, services and other resources provided by us; and“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a user who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. The term “personal data” does not include non-identified information or information that is reported in the aggregate (provided that such aggregated information is not identifiable to a natural person).
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include but not limited to your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information, financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information, correspondence received through our website, web logs such as the domains from which you accessed our websites, the type of browser and operating system you use, your Internet Protocol address, the data and time you visited our websites, the pages you viewed on our websites and the address of the websites you linked to the site from.
- Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after (i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
- We may collect, use and disclose your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- carrying out the applicable studies and other study-related services that you are engaged in;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- when required by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant;
- to protect the safety of an individual or for an investigation related to public safety or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law;
- to aid any healthcare institutions providing you a healthcare service;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- If you are an individual:
- For security/verification purposes for certain events;
- For logistical/administrative purposes for certain events;
- To keep you updated of future events/products/services which we feel may interest you;
- For marketing/publicity purposes (e.g. photographs);
- To process your job application.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in above (clause 5 and 6) for us.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. The cookies placed by the servers hosting our websites are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electric device, nor does it capture any data which allows us to identify you individually. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we will not gather any information on you.
- You may be able to disable the cookies associated with these technologies by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
Third Party Sites
Withdrawing Your Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods
or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. However, we may not be able to delete or revise information about you that we have relied upon to provide services to you, or that we are legally required to maintain.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Personal Data
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
- We may transfer your personal data to countries outside of Brunei and/or Singapore for data processing to fulfil the purpose that it was collected for. However, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
Data Protection Officer
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on this Policy, access, correct, update, or request removal of any of your personal data you provided to us by email at: DPO@evydtech.com.
Conditions, Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
- You agree that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Policy will be governed by the laws of Brunei and Singapore. Any legal action or proceeding relating to this Policy shall be instituted in a court in Brunei and/or Singapore. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in these courts in Brunei and/or Singapore.
- If you are under 18, you may use our products or services only with consent of a parent or guardian.
- This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior Policy. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.